2014-2015 学年度下学期八县 (市)一中高一期末联考
(考试时间：120 分钟 满分：l50 分) 第 I 卷(共 80 分)
第一部分：听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在答题卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 l0 秒 钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How much did the man tip the woman? A. $1. B. $10. C. $100. 2. How will the woman go home? A. Walk. B. Run. C. Drive. 3. What meal will the speakers eat? A. Breakfast. B. Lunch. C. Dinner. 4. Who was at the door? A. The postman. B. The man’s friend. C. The woman’s brother. 5. When will the tomatoes be ready? A. Right now. B. In three weeks. C. In two months. 第二节(共 15 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在答题卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后, 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答 时问。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料, 回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where are the speakers? A. At a hotel. B. At a store. C. At a restaurant. 7. How does the woman feel in the end? A. Excited. B. Sick. C. Scared. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. Who left the company? A. Lisa. B. Steve. C. Tim. 9. What has the man been trying to do? A. Give up coffee. B. Go to bed earlier. C. Employ a new employee. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where is the man? A. On a farm. B. In a restaurant. C. At a grocery store. 11. What does the man like to put on his biscuits? A. Cheese. B. Peanuts. C. Honey. 12. What does the man think of the biscuits?
A. They taste bad. B. They’re too big. C. They break easily. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Who is Mr. Taylor? A. A teacher. B. The parent of a student. C. The school headmaster. 14. Why does the woman keep the curtains closed? A. She wants to get some sleep. B. It gets too hot in the classroom. C. Sunlight makes the children act wild. 15. How long should the children be outside, according to the man? A. Less than an hour. B. At least one hour. C. Half a day. 16. What are the man’s students like after they run around outside? A. They are quiet. B. They can’t sit quietly. C. They fight with each other. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where is the park located? A. In West Africa. B. In Southeast Asia. C. In South America. 18. What is true about the park? A. There are over 900 types of plants. B. Visitors can’t get close to the birds. C. There’s a lot of room to walk around. 19. How high is the waterfall? A. 30 meters. B. 50 meters. C. 100 meters. 20. When does the All Stars Bird Show start? A. At 9:00 a.m. B. At 5:00 p.m. C. At 6:00 p.m. 第二部分：阅读理解(共 10 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 4 个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 A She is a cute, quiet girl. As a daughter, she has no secrets from her mother, who is very pleased with her. But recently she has become somewhat mysterious, and not so open as before. She has a diary that she keeps under lock and key. Her mother can’t help worrying about her: what if she falls in love, which is too early for a girl of her age? After all, she is reaching the “dangerous stage”. These thoughts have caused trouble in the mother ’s mind. One weekend the girl came to tell her mother that she was going to the cinema with her schoolmate and would return late. As this was the first time, her mother agreed, but she couldn’t help worrying because her daughter had never been away at night before. The mother waited till nine and decided to go out to meet her daughter. Just at that moment the noise of a car pulling up drew her to the window and there was her daughter, waving goodbye to a boy. Her heart missed a beat. When the girl
came in, the mother was watching TV, pretending nothing had happened. “Mom, I’m back.” “Yeah.” “Sorry to be late. Still sitting up?” “Yes, oh, that… who’s that boy?” The daughter was silent for a moment. “Ah. It’s my monitor. He gave me a lift on his way home. Mom, I’m going to bed.” “All right. Go to sleep early.” Next morning when the mother went to the daughter ’s room to do some cleaning, she found her diary left at her pillow. Finally she opened it. It read: Mom, it’s love that made you ask, but it would show your understanding of me if you hadn’t. Holding the diary, the mother fell into thought. 21. Which is the correct order according to the story? a. She took a lift back in her monitor ’s car. b. She went to see a film with her schoolmate. c. She wrote in her diary to tell her mother. d. Her mother worried about her daughter ’s returning late. A. b,d,a,c B. d,b,a,c C. b,a,d,c D. b,d,c,a 22. Which of the following is true according to the story? A. The girl knew her mother wouldn’t ask her the question about the boy. B. What the daughter did recently had worried her mother. C. The mother didn’t read her daughter ’s diary the next day. D. The girl’s diary was always unlocked. 23. The main purpose of this article is to show that parents should______. A. care about what their children really think and feel B. talk with their children about their early love C. not give much freedom to their children D. keep silent about their children’s early love B If you have ever been discouraged because of failure, please read on. Usually, achieving what you set out to do is not the important thing. Let me explain. Two brothers decided to dig a deep hole behind their house. As they were working, several older boys stopped by to watch. “What are you doing?” asked one of the visitors. “We plan to dig a hole all the way through the earth!” one of the brothers answered excitedly. The older boys began to laugh, telling the younger ones that digging a hole all the way through the earth was impossible. After a long silence, one of the diggers picked up a bottle full of spiders and insects. He removed the lid(盖子) and showed the wonderful contents to the visitors who were laughing at them. Then he said quietly and confidently, “Even if we don’t dig all the way through the earth, look at what we found along the way!” Their goal was far too difficult, but it made them big. And that is what a goal is for—to make us move in the direction we have chosen. In other words, it sets us digging! But not every goal will be fully achieved. Not every job will end successfully. Not every hope will come to pass. Not every love will last. But when you fall short of
your aim, perhaps you can say, “Yes, but look at what I found along the way! Look at the wonderful things which have come into my life because I tried to do something!” And I believe it is the joy in the journey, in the end, that truly matters. 24. One of the brothers showed a bottle to the older boys to ______. A. present what tools they were using B. show what they had found in their digging C. frighten them away D. make them curious 25. We can infer from the passage that ______. A. digging a hole all the way through the earth is impossible B. the writer thinks that the two brothers will reach their goal one day C. a goal is something that we have chosen and want to achieve D. everyone can succeed if he sets a goal 26. What is the best title for the passage? A. Failure is the mother of success B. Where there is a will, there is a way C. No pains, no gains D. Joy in the journey C Many people think that the most popular way of communicating with other people is through the mouth. But what they don’t know is that actual communication using mouth accounts for only around 10% (or even less) of all the means to communicate a message. Moreover, you can never determine the honesty of people by what they say alone. In fact, words expressed through mouth do not reflect what people really think or feel. The only way you can determine their true inner feelings and thoughts is by reading their body language. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you can “see through” the emotions of other people? For example, you ask a person if he can do an important task. He says “OK”. But deep inside, you are questioning yourself, “Is he really willing to do this job?” or “Does he have the confidence to finish this task?” You can’t question him directly because that would be like belittling him. And even if you ask him those questions, his replies will not tell you what he really feels or thinks. Then what is the final solution? Here are just a few of the magic tricks you’re about to discover： ◆Actions to make someone like or trust you. ◆How to win in a negotiation(谈判). ◆How to attract the opposite sex using body language. ◆How to increase your sales using body language. ◆How to help you find out who is telling a lie. And a lot, lot more! Body language is very easy and fun to learn. With this book, you will make body movements to achieve the success you’ve always longed for. Do yourself a big favor and get a copy of Body Language Magic.
27. According to the passage, people communicate with each other mainly by _____. A. speaking B. using body language C. writing letters D. the passage doesn’t tell us 28. The underlined word “belittling” in the 4th paragraph can be replaced by _____. A. looking down upon B. speaking highly of C. playing a trick on D. believing in 29. We can learn from the passage that body language is helpful in the following ways EXCEPT ______. A. it makes other people believe you B. it can decide your success C. it makes you better understood D. it shows whether someone is honest 30. The main purpose of the passage is ______. A. to attract people to buy a book B. to talk about the writer ’s experience C. to describe some interesting body language D. to tell us something about true inner feelings 第三部分：完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 l．5 分．满分 30 分)． 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和 D)中，选出可 以填入空白处的最佳选项，并标在答题卷的相应位置。 My friend Kenny and his family had just returned from Disney World. “I saw a sight I’ll 31 forget,” he said. “I want you to know about it.” He and his family were 32 Cinderella’s （灰姑娘） castle. It was packed with kids and parents. Suddenly all the children rushed to one 33 . If it had been a boat, the castle would have tipped over. Cinderella had 34 . Kenny said she was a beautiful young girl with each hair 35 , white skin, and a sweet smile. She stood in the garden of 36 , each wanting to touch and to be touched. For some reason Kenny 37 and looked toward the other side of the castle. There was a boy who might be seven or eight years old. His 38 was hard to determine because of his height. Dwarfed（侏儒）in height, he stood 39 quietly, holding the hand of an older brother. It was very 40 that he wanted to be with the children. He 41 to be in the middle of the kids reaching for Cinderella. But can’t you feel his 42 of being turned down? Fear of being laughed at again? But Cinderella 43 the little boy. She immediately began walking in his direction. 44 but firmly inching through the crowd of children, she became 45 . She walked quickly across the floor, bent down and placed a 46 on his face. “I thought you would 47 the story,” Kenny told me. I did. It 48 me of the one you and I had heard of before. The names are 49 , but isn’t the story almost the same? In both cases a gift was given. In both cases love was 50 . In both cases the lovely one performed a gesture beyond words. 31. A. always B. often C. ever D. never
32. A. outside 33. A. side 34. A. left 35. A. in length 36. A. students 37. A. turned 38. A. name 39. A. thinking 40. A. strange 41. A. longed 42. A. pleasure 43. A. protected 44. A. Rudely 45. A. tired 46. A. kiss 47. A. catch 48. A. warned 49. A. different 50. A. separated
B. inside B. step B. started B. in place B. girls B. whispered B. appearance B. watching B. stupid B. failed B. anger B. noticed B. Hardly B. busy B. hand B. appreciate B. informed B. important B. divided
C. beside C. wall C. entered C. in peace C. parents C. jumped C. age C. listening C. humorous C. regretted C. fear C. supported C. Relaxedly C. free C. gift C. follow C. reminded C. necessary C. expanded
D. behind D. stop D. disappeared D. in advance D. kids D. shook D. mind D. searching D. obvious D. pretended D. amusement D. saved D. Politely D. astonished D. touch D. inspire D. cheated D. unique D. shared
第 II 卷（共 70 分） 第一节：阅读七选五 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容， 从短文后的七个选项中选出正确的填入空白处。选项中有两 项为多余选项。 Nowadays parents and their children are spending less and less time communicating with each other. 51 . It is reported that American parents today spend about 40 percent less time with their children than parents did a generation ago. To keep your family time creative and enjoyable, below is a list of helpful family time tips. 1. Eat together & listen to each other Most children today don’t know the meaning of a family dinnertime. Yet the communication and unity built during this time is necessary to a healthy family life. Sharing a meal together allows parents and their children the opportunity to talk about each other ’s lives. 52 . 2. Read often It’s important for parents to read to their children. The latest research shows that reading to your children develops an interest in knowledge and contributes to language development. It also increases their concentration on things and helps them become more curious. 53 . After reading, ask questions about what the books are about. 3. Start a hobby or project Choose a fun activity that your children are interested in. Activities like cooking, fishing or biking can be their great hobbies. 54 . Once a child learns a new
skill, let him or her take the lead under your direction. 4. Plan a family outing 55 . Jump into the family car and go for a drive. Prepare a picnic lunch and visit a local park. Take time to play or ride a bike. A slow and relaxing walk in the woods will help parents communicate with their children better. Also, a visit to the zoo or museum will inspire enthusiasm in a child and lead to long discussions. A. It is very important for children to exercise. B. They can open the door to exciting family time. C. Sometimes getting out of the house is important. D. Look for books that your children would enjoy reading. E. New technology has made video games more popular with children. F. This is also a time for parents to listen and give advice to their children. G. As a result, many children are getting less love than their parents once got. 第二节 单词拼写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据汉语、首字母或语境提示写出单词 56. ___________(不幸地)，his mother died when he was very young. 57. He made some _________(评论)about my dress, and then carried on reading his book. 58. Though the house is ________ (模仿)after the 18th century European building style, it also has its own characteristics. 59. He ___________ (后悔) that he was careless and didn't pass the exam. 60. Wang Feng, ________（代表）our school, competed in the English speech contest last week. 61. You can even see beautiful bald eagles in the world’s largest bald eagle p_________. 62. In 2014 , the company e____________ 210,000 cases of wine to the UK. 63. If he hadn’t been so p_____________ about his food, he would be healthier now. 64. It is the traditional virtue of our Chinese people to r_________ the old and take good care of the young. 65. We need more army to d____________ the border against possible attack. 第三节 根据所学课文内容填空。 （每空 0.5 分，共 20 空，满分 10 分） 66. 她主张应该让野生动物留在野外生活，而不能用于娱乐或广告。 She has __________ that wild animals ______be left in the wild and not used for______________ or___________. 67. 多亏了他的研究，联合国在消除世界饥饿的战斗中有了更多的办法。 ___________ ________ his research, the UN has more tools in the battle to ________the world ______ hunger. 68. 在人们感到沮丧的时候， 查理使人们开怀大笑，于是他们对自己的生活感到 更加满足。 He made people laugh at a time ________ they felt __________, so they could feel more __________ ____________ their lives.
69. 不过，来自西班牙、意大利和南美等国的人会站在离别人很近的地方,而且 可能会（用身体）接触对方。 However, people from places like Spain, Italy or South American countries __________ others _________ and are __________ __________ to touch them. 70.有这么多引人入胜的东西,难怪哪里有迪斯尼乐园,哪里的旅游业就会发展。 ________all these attractions, ________ ________ tourism is increasing ___________ there is a Disneyland. 第四节 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内 单词的正确形式。 Recently, I failed an exam. However, after I came out of my teacher ’s office, I told myself “smile! It’s not so serious.” I smiled a big smile and 71 worked a little, really. Everyone gets frustrated sometimes. I used to be always influenced by pressure and I was often in low spirits. But one day I came 72 a sentence in the Bible: “Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.” It suddenly 73 (strike)me, “ 74 (worry) about a problem doesn’t help. Why not just give a big smile and face up to the trouble?” Now every time I want to cry, I remind myself that 75 (laugh) is better than tears and anger. I am 76 (convince) that there’ something magical about a smile. A smile helps me recover confidence and gives me 77 courage to move on. Remember, whenever you’re faced with a setback (挫折), whenever you’ve been 78 (fair) treated, 79 it takes is determination and you can feel happy again. Smile at life, 80 it will shine on you. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 单句改错（10 分） 以下 10 个句子，每个句中只有一处错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删 除或修改。 81. It’s so far away. I would rather you take a taxi. 82. Do you know what subjects they major in while they were at college? 83. His confusing look showed that he didn’t understand the problem. 84. Getting rid of hungry is very important in African countries, because too many people have starved to death. 85. Since Mary lacked an Internet connection, she felt cut out from the outside world．
86. Nowadays, people in China are much well off than they were thirty years ago. 87.The doctor agreed to deliver of her baby at home. 88. Seen from the top of the hill, we find the city more beautiful. 89. She found a lot of passerby were adults． 90. The nurses did all they could make us feel at ease. 第二节 书面表达（20 分） 暑期马上到了，有些高中生打算利用假期做兼职工作，对此人们有不同的看 法。请用英语写一篇 120 词左右的文章，发表你对这个现象的看法。 要点： 1、中学生兼职的优点（1.赚零花钱；2.提高交际能力；3.获取社会经验） 2、中学生兼职的缺点（1.影响学习；2.引发安全问题；3.引起父母担忧） 3、你的看法 注意： 1. 根据以上内容写一篇短文，不要逐句翻译，可适当展开； 2. 词数 120 左右。 参考词汇：现象：phenomenon More and more high school students go to find part-time jobs during summer vacation.
高中 一 年 英语 科答题卷
完卷时间： 120 分钟 满分： 150 分 第 II 卷（共 70 分）
第一节 阅读七选五 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分)
第二节 根据汉语、首字母或语境提示写出单词 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 准考证号
第三节 根据所学课文内容填空。 （每空 0.5 分，共 20 空，满分 10 分）
66. ____________ _____________ _______________ _____________ 67. ____________ _____________ _______________ _____________ 68. ____________ _____________ _______________ _____________ 69. ____________ _____________ _______________ _____________ 70. ____________ _____________ _______________ _____________
第四节 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
71.__________72.____________73.___________74.__________75.__________ 76.__________77.___________ 78.___________ 79.__________80.__________
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 单句改错（10 分） 以下 10 个句子，每个句中只有一处错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在符号下面写上该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（﹨）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
81. It’s so far away. I would rather you take a taxi. 82. Do you know what subjects they major in while they were at college? 83. His confusing look showed that he didn’t understand the problem. 84. Getting rid of hungry is very important in African countries, because too many people have starved to death. 85.Since Mary lacked an Internet connection,she felt cut out from the outside world． 86. Nowadays, people in China are much well off than they were thirty years ago. 87.The doctor agreed to deliver of her baby at home. 88. Seen from the top of the hill, we find the city more beautiful. 89. She found a lot of passerby were adults． 90. The nurses did all they could make us feel at ease. 第二节 书面表达（满分 20 分） More and more high school students go to find part-time jobs during summer vacation.
高一期考英语科参考答案 第一卷 听 力（30 分）1-5 CAABB 6-10 ACBCC 11-15 ACACB 16-20 ABCAB 阅读理解（20 分）21-23 ABA 24-26 BCD 27-30 DABA 完形填空 （30 分）31-35 DBACB 36-40 DACBD 41-45 ACBDC 46-50 ABCAD 第二卷 阅读七选五（10 分） 51-55 GFDBC 单词拼写（10 分） 56. Unfortunately 57. comments 58. modelled 59. regretted 60. representing 61. preserve 62. exported 63.particular 64. respect 65. defend 按课文内容填空 （10 分） 66. argued, should , entertainment, advertisements 67. Thanks to; rid; of 68. when, depressed, content with 69. approach, closely, more likely 70. With; no wonder; wherever 语法填空(10 分) 71. it 72. across 73. struck 74. Worrying 75. laughter 76. convinced 77. the 78. unfairly 79. what/all 80. and 单句改错（10 分） 81. take 改为 took 82. major 改为 majored 83. confusing 改为 confused 84. hungry 改为 hunger 85. out 改为 off 86. well 改为 better 87. 去掉 of 88.Seen 改为 Seeing 89.passer-by 改为 passers-by 90. can 后加 to 第五节 书面表达 One possible version: More and more high school students go to find part-time jobs during summer vacation. People have different opinions about this phenomenon. Some people hold that taking a part-time job has advantages. It can help students make some pocket money to meet their daily needs and thus develop a sense of independence. And it can improve their social communication skills. They can build up new friendship and gain working experience as well, which is helpful to their growth. However, other people think it still has some disadvantages. If a student spends too much time doing part-time job, he or she will certainly fail to concentrate on study. Some students may be cheated or hurt by their employers, because they don't know how to protect themselves. Besides, their early contact with society adds greater worries to their parents. In my opinion, I am in favor of taking a part-time job. But we have to keep a balance between part-time job and study. After all, study is our main task at school.
Text 1 W: Sir, I think you made a mistake on the bill. You left 100-dollar tip. (1) Did you mean $10? M: No, I didn’t. You worked hard. Enjoy it! Text 2 M: If you run through the rain, you won’t get as wet. W: I think I would get just as wet, so I think I’ll walk home. (2) M: Suit yourself. I’m glad I drove today. Text 3 W: Don’t forget the bread, dear. And pick up some eggs, too. M: Anything else? I’d like a big breakfast today. (3) W: Some butter would be nice. Text 4 M: Who was at the door? The postman? W: No, it’s your friend Matt. (4) M: Why didn’t you invite him in? It’s so cold outside. Text 5 M: Martha, look at my tomato plants. W: They’ve grown a lot! They were so small two months ago. M: Yes. Look at those green tomatoes. They’ll be ready in three weeks. (5) Text 6 M: And please make sure you turn off all lights before you go to sleep. The lights attract flies. We’ve been having a problem with that at this hotel. (6) W: Really? I hate flies. I think I’ll stay at another hotel. M: No, no! There is no problem as long as you turn the lights off at night. W: Now I’m really scared… (7) Text 7 W: Good morning, Tim. How are you feeling? M: Good morning, Lisa. I didn’t sleep much last night. I’m feeling very tired. Coffee doesn’t even help! W: You always look tired these days. What’s going on? M: Well, there has been so much work to do in the office since Steve left the company. (8) I can’t keep up with it. I can’t even go for a run because I get home too late. W: Why don’t you employ someone new? (9) M: I’ve already talked to six different people, (9) but I don’t like any of them. Text 8 W: Hello, sir. Welcome to Farmer Jack’s Grocery. (10) How may I help you? M: I’d like to return this box of biscuits. I want my money back. W: OK. Why are you returning it? M: The biscuits aren’t strong enough. W: What do you mean? M: When I tried to put peanut butter on them, they kept breaking. (12) They’re also too small for cheese. (11)
W: Let me take a look… Um, this is an empty box, sir! M: Yeah, I know. W: Where are the biscuits? M: I ate them. W: But I thought you’re returning them because you didn’t like them. M: I didn’t say that. They tasted great… Text 9 M: Mrs. Robinson, I’d like to know why you always keep the curtains closed. Every time I pass by your classroom, it’s dark. W: Well, Mr. Taylor, (13) I keep it dark because it helps the children be calmer. M: That’s a very bad idea. The children will just be less happy. They need more sunlight. Please keep the curtains open all the time. (14) W: But then they act very wild! (14) They run around a lot and fight with each other. M: Do you take the children outside to play on the playground? W: Usually, I don’t. It takes away time from their lessons. M: You should take them outside for at least an hour during the day. (15) If you do that, the children will be more likely to sit quietly while you teach them. My students are very quiet after they run around outside. (13) (16) W: OK, I’ll try it. M: I hope you will. If you don’t, I’ll have to tell the headmaster. Text 10 Jurong Bird Park is Southeast Asia’s largest bird park. (17) It’s home to over 5000 birds from all over the world. Jurong Bird Park is one of the most famous places to view birds. The birds live in areas within the park that are just like their natural environments. Located at the west end of Singapore, the park has a lot of room for visitors to walk around. (18) This way, guests have a good opportunity to see the birds. In one area of the park, there is a 30-meter-high waterfall and over 100 types of plants. (19) Visitors can enjoy getting close to the birds during several different daily feeding time and shows. One, called Breakfast with the Birds, runs from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Another is the All Stars Bird Show. It happens in the evening, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (20)