2008 年普通高等学校招生全国统一考试(海南卷) 本试卷分第一卷(选择题)和第二卷(非选择题)两部分.考生作答时, 本试卷分第一卷(选择题)和第二卷(非选择题)两部分.考生作答时,将 答案答在答题卡上,在本试卷上答题无效.考试结束后, 答案答在答题卡上,在本试卷上答题无效.考试结束后,将本试卷和答题卡一 并交回. 并交回. 第一卷 注意事项: 1. 答题前,考生务必先将自己的姓名,准考证号填写在答题卡上,认真核 对条形码上的姓名,准考证号,并将条形码粘贴在答题卡的指定位置上. 2. 选择题答案使用范围 B 铅笔填涂,如需改动,用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂 其它答案标号;非选择题答案使用 0.5 毫米的黑色中性(签字)笔或碳素 笔书写,字体工整,笔迹清楚. 3. 请按照题号在各题的答题区域(黑色线框)内作答,超出答题区域书写 的答案无效. 4. 保持卡面清洁,不折叠,不破损. 听力(共两节, 第一部分 听力(共两节,满分 30 分) 做题时,请先将答案标在试卷上.听力部分结束前,你将有两分钟的时间将 试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡. 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话.每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置.听完每段对话后,你都有 10 秒钟 的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题.每段对话仅读一遍. 例:How much is the shirt? A. ￡ 19.15. 答案是 B. 1. What is the weather like? A. It's raining. B. It's cloudy. C. It's sunny. B. ￡ 9.15. C. ￡ 9.18.
2. Who will go to China next month? A. Lucy. B. Alice. C. Richard.
3. What are the speakers talking about? A. The man's sister. B. A film. C. An actor.
4. Where will the speakers meet? A. In Room 340. B. In Room 314. C. In Room 223.
5. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In a restaurant. B. In an office. C. At home.
第二节(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 22.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白.每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的 A, B,C 三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置.听完每段对话或独白 前后,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题 5 秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出 5 秒钟 的作答时间.每段对话或独白读两遍. 听第 6 段材料,回答第 6 至 8 题. 6. Why did the woman go to New York? A. To spend some time with the baby. B. To look after her sister. C. To find a new job. 7. How old was the baby when the woman left New York? A. Two months. B. Five months. C. Seven months. 8. What did the woman like doing most with the baby? A. Holding him. B. Playing with him. C. Feeding him. 听第 7 段材料,回答第 9 至 11 题. 9. What are the speakers talking about? A. A way to improve air quality. B. A problem with traffic rules. C. A suggestion for city planning. 10. What does the man suggest? A. Limiting the use of cars. B. Encouraging people to talk. C. Warning drivers of air pollution. 11. What does the woman think about the man's idea? A. It's interesting. B. It's worth trying. C. It's impractical. 听第 8 段材料,回答第 12 至 14 题. 12. How long will the man probably stay in New Zealand? A. One week. B. Two weeks. C. Three weeks. 13. What advice does the woman give to the man? A. Go to New Zealand after Christmas. B. Book his flight as soon as possible. C. Save more money for his trip. 14. What can we learn about flights to New Zealand at Christmas time? A. They require early booking. B. They can be twice as expensive. C. They are on special offer. 听第 9 段材料,回答第 15 至 17 题. 15. Why did Jane call Mike? A. To ask him to meet her. B. To tell him about Tom. C. To borrow his car. 16. Where will Jane be in about one hour? A. At Mike's place. B. At the airport. C. At a garage. 17. What can we infer from the conversation? A. Jane has just learned to drive. B. Jane's car is in bad condition. C. Mike will go to the airport. 听第 10 段材料,回答第 18 至 20 题. 18. What did the speaker ask the students to do the week before?
A. Write a short story. B. Prepare for the lesson. the writer. 19. Why does the speaker ask the questions? A. To check the students' understanding of the story. B. To draw the students' attention to reading skills. C. To let the students discuss father-son relationships. 20. What will the students do in 10 minutes? A. Ask more questions. B. Discuss in groups. answers.
C. Learn more about
第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节, 第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分 45 分) 第一节:语法和词汇知识(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) 从 A,B,C,D 四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑. 例: We ______ last night, but we went to the concert instead. A. must have studied B. might study C. should have studied D. would study 答案是 C. 21. —Would you like to join me for a quick lunch before class? —______, but I promised Nancy to go out with her. A. I'd like to B. I like it C. I don't D. I will 22. —What fruit is in season now? —Grapes and peaches, ______. A. I know B. I think C. I see D. I feel 23. The performance ______ nearly three hours, but few people left the theatre early. A. covered B. reached C. played D. lasted 24. Let's learn to use the problem we are facing ______ a stepping-stone to future success. A. to B. for C. as D. by 25. The lawyer rarely wears anything other than jeans and a T-shirt ______ the season. A. whatever B. wherever C. whenever D. however 26. I like getting up very early in summer. The morning air is so good ______. A. to be breathed B. to breathe C. breathing D. being breathed 27. —Have you known Dr. Jackson for a long time? —Yes, since she ______ the Chinese Society. A. has joined B. joins C. had joined D. joined 28. You're driving too fast. Can you drive ______? A. more slowly a bit B. slowly a bit more C. a bit more slowly D. slowly more a bit
29. The wet weather will continue tomorrow, when a cold front ______ to arrive. A. is expected B. is expecting C. expects D. will be expected 30. —Which of the two computer games did you prefer? —Actually I didn't like ______. A. both of them B. either of them C. none of them D. neither of them 31. —Have you got any idea for the summer vacation? —I don't mind where we go ______ there's sun, sea and beach. A. as if B. as long as C. now that D. in order that 32. The weather was ______ cold that I didn't like to leave my room. A. really B. such C. too D. so 33. The English spoken in the United States is only slightly different from ______ spoken in England. A. which B. what C. that D. the one 34. After studying in a medical college for five years, Jane ______ her job as a doctor in the countryside. A. set out B. took over C. took up D. set up 35. —Sorry, I made a mistake again. —______. Practice more and you'll succeed. A. Never mind B. Certainly not C. Not at all D. Don't mention it 第二节:完形填空(共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 36~55 各题所给的四个选项(A,B,C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑. After the birth of my second child, I got a job at a restaurant. Having worked with an experienced 36 for a few days. I was 37 to wait tables on my own. All went 38 that first week. When Saturday night came, I was luckily 39 the tables not far from the kitchen. 40 , I still felt it a little hard to carry the heavy trays(托盘). Before I knew it, the 41 was full of people. I moved slowly, 42 every I was when I saw the tray stand near the tables; it step. I remember how 43 looked different from the one I was 44 on. It had nice handles, which made it 45 to move around. I was pleased with everything and began to 46 I was a natural at this job. Then, an old man came to me and said, "Excuse me, dear, my wife and I loved 47 you work. It seems your tray stand has been very 48 to you, but we are getting ready to 49 now, and my wife needs her 50 back." At first his 51 did not get across. "What was he talking about!" Then, I got it. I had set my trays on his wife's orthopedic walker(助步器). I stood frozen as ice, but my face was 52 . I wanted to get into a hole and 53 . Since then, I have learned from many mistakes such as the one I just 54 . I and not to be too sure of myself. have learned to be more 55
36. A. manager B. assistant C. cook D. waitress 37. A. promised B. invited C. allowed D. advised 38. A. well B. quickly C. safely D. wrong 39. A. left B. given C. brought D. shown 40. A. Therefore B. However C. Otherwise D. Finally 41. A. kitchen B. street C. restaurant D. table 42. A. minding B. changing C. taking D. saving 43. A. angry B. calm C. sad D. happy 44. A. fixed B. trained C. loaded D. waited 45. A. slower B. lighter C. quieter D. easier 46. A. believe B. agree C. regret D. pretend 47. A. letting B. making C. watching D. having 48. A. useful B. familiar C. unusual D. interesting 49. A. rest B. order C. eat D. leave 50. A. bag B. walker C. tray D. coat 51. A. idea B. praise C. message D. need 52. A. cold B. full of joy C. pale D. on fire 53. A. lie B. hide C. defend D. stay 54. A. repeated B. discovered C. corrected D. described 55. A. careful B. patient C. honest D. practical 第三部分:阅读理解( 小题; 第三部分:阅读理解(共 15 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A,B,C 和 D)中,选出最佳选 项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑. A Last week my youngest son and I visited my father at his new home in Tucson, Arizona. He moved there a few years ago, and I was eager to see his new place and meet his friends. My earliest memories of my father are of a tall, handsome, successful man devoted to his work and family, but uncomfortable with his children. As a child I loved him; as a school girl and young adult I feared him and felt bitter about him. He seemed unhappy with me unless I got straight A's and unhappy with my boyfriends if their fathers were not as "successful" as he was. Whenever I went out with him on weekends, I used to struggle to think up things to say, feeling on guard. On the first day of my visit, we went out with one of my father's friends for lunch at an outdoor café. We walked along that afternoon, did some shopping, ate on the street table, and laughed over my son's funny facial expressions. Gone was my father's critical(挑剔的) air and strict rules. Who was this person I knew as my father, who seemed so friendly and interesting to be around? What had held him back before? The next day my dad pulled out his childhood pictures and told me quite a few
stories about his own childhood. Although our times together became easier over the years, I never felt closer to him at that moment. After so many years, I'm at last seeing another side of my father. And in so doing, I'm delighted with my new friend. My dad, in his new home in Arizona, is back to me from where he was. 56. Why did the author feel bitter about her father when she was a young adult? A. He was silent most of the time. B. He was too proud of himself. C. He did not love his children. D. He expected too much of her. 57. When the author went out with her father on weekends, she would feel ______. A. nervous B. sorry C. tired D. safe 58. What does the author think of her father after her visit to Tucson? A. More critical. B. More talkative. C. Gentle and friendly. D. Strict and hard-working. 59. The underlined words "my new friend" in the last paragraph refer to ______. A. the author's son B. the author's father B. the friend of the author's father D. the café owner B More than 10 years ago, it was difficult to buy a tasty pineapple. The fruits that made it to the UK were green on the outside and, more often than not, hard with an unpleasant taste within. Then in 1996, the Del Monte Gold pineapple produced in Hawaii first hit our shelves. The new type of pineapple looked more yellowy-gold than green. It was slightly softer on the outside and had a lot of juice inside. But the most important thing about this new type of pineapple was that it was twice as sweet as the hit-and-miss pineapples we had known. In no time, the Del Monte Gold took the market by storm, rapidly becoming the world's best-selling pineapple variety, and delivering natural levels of sweetness in the mouth, up until then only found in tinned pineapple. In nutrition(营养) it was all good news too. This nice-tasting pineapple contained four times more vitamin C(维生素 C) than the old green variety. Nutritionists said that it was not only full of vitamins, but also good against some diseases. People were understandably eager to be able to buy this wonderful fruit. The new type of pineapple was selling fast, and the Del Monte Gold pineapple rapidly became a fixture in the shopping basket of the healthy eater. Seeing the growing market for its winning pineapple, Del Monte tried to keep the market to itself. But other fruit companies developed similar pineapples. Del Monte turned to law for help, but failed. Those companies argued successfully that Del Monte's attempts to keep the golden pineapple for itself were just a way to knock them out of the market. 60. We learn from the text that the new type of pineapple is ______. A. green outside and sweet inside B. good-looking outside and soft inside C. yellowy-gold outside and hard inside D. a little soft outside and sweet inside 61. Why was the new type of pineapple selling well? A. It was rich in nutrition and tasted nice.
B. It was less sweet and good for health. C. It was developed by Del Monte. D. It was used as medicine. 62. The underlined word "fixture" in Paragraph 3 probably refers to something ______. A. that people enjoy eating B. that is always present CV. that is difficult to get D. that people use as a gift 63. We learn from the last paragraph that Del Monte ______. A. allowed other companies to develop pineapples B. succeeded in keeping the pineapple for itself C. tried hard to control the pineapple market D. planned to help the other companies C Do's and Don'ts in Whale(鲸) Watching 鲸 The Department of Fisheries and Oceans has developed guidelines for whale watching in Johnstone Strait, where killer whales are found on a daily basis each summer. It is strongly recommended that vessel( 船 只 ) operators follow these guidelines for all kinds of whales. Approach whales from the side, not from the front or the back. Approach no closer than 100 metres, then stop the boat but keep the engine on. Keep noise levels down — no horns, whistles or racing of engines. Start your boat only after the whales are more than 100 metres from your vessel. Leave the area slowly, gradually moving faster when you are more than 300 metres from the whales. Approach and leave slowly, avoiding sudden changes in speed or direction. Avoid disturbing groups of resting whales. Keep at low speeds and remain in the same direction if traveling side by side with whales. When whales are traveling close to shore, avoid crowding them near the shore or coming between the whales and the shore. Limit the time spent with any group of whales to less than 30 minutes at a time when within 100 to 200 metres of whales. If there is more than one vessel at the same observation spot, be sure to avoid any boat position that would result in surrounding the whales. Work together by communicating with other vessels, and make sure that all operators are aware of the whale watching guidelines. 64. For whom is this text written? A. Tour guides. B. Whale watchers. C. Vessel operators. D. Government officials. 65. When leaving the observation areas, the vessel should ______. A. move close to the beach B. increase speed gradually C. keep its engine running slowly D. remain at the back of the whales 66. When going side by side with whales, the vessel should ______. A. keep moving in the same direction
B. surround the whales with other boats C. travel closer and closer to the shore D. take a good viewing position 67. What is the shortest safe distance from the whales? A. 400 metres. B. 300 metres. C. 200 metres. D. 100 metres. D Holidays Holiday News Vacancies(空位) now and in the school holidays at a country hotel in Devon. This comfortable, friendly home-from-home lies near the beautiful quiet countryside, but just a drive away from the sea. The food is simple but good. Children and pets are welcome. Reduced prices for low season. The snowdonia Centre The Snowdonia Centre for young mountain climbers has a mountain climbing lesson. The beginners' costs are ￡57 for a week, including food and rooms. Equipment is included except walking shoes, which can be hired at a low cost. You must be in good health and prepared to go through a period of body exercises. This could be the beginning of a lifetime of mountain climbing adventure. The World Sea Trip of a Lifetime Our World Sea Trip of 2008 will be unlike any holiday you have ever been on before. Instead of one hotel after another, with all its packing and unpacking, waiting and traveling, you just go to bed in one country and wake up in another. On board the ship, you will be well taken care of. Every meal will be first-class and every cabin like your home. During the trip, you can rest on deck(甲板), enjoy yourself in the games rooms and in the evening dance to our musical team and watch our wonderful play. You will visit all the places most people only dream about — from Acapulco and Hawaii to Tokoy and Hong Kong. For a few thousand pounds, all you've ever hoped for can be yours. 68. What can you do if you like to go on holidays with pets? A. Choose the holiday in Devon. B. Go to the Snowdonia Centre. C. Join the World Sea Trip of 2008. D. Visit Acapulco and Hawaii. 69. In what way is the Snowdonia Centre different from the other two holidays? A. It provides chances of family gatherings. B. It provides customers with good food. C. It offers a sports lesson. D. It offers comfortable rooms. 70. What is special about the World Sea Trip of 2008? A. You can have free meals on deck every day. B. You can sleep on a ship and tour many places. C. You will have chances to watch and act in a play.
D. You have to do your own packing and unpacking. 第二节(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分) 根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项.选项中有 两项为多余选项. Taking good notes is a time-saving skill that will help you to become a better student in several ways. 71 Second, your notes are excellent materials to refer to when you are studying for a test. Third, note-taking offers variety to your study time and helps you to hold your interest. You will want to take notes during classroom discussions and while reading a textbook or doing research for a report. 72 whenever or however you take notes, keep in mind that note-taking is a selective process. 73 The following methods may work best for you. Read the text quickly to find the main facts and ideas in it. Carefully read the text and watch for words that can show main points and supporting facts. Write your notes in your own words. 74 Note any questions or ideas you may have about what was said or written. As you take notes, you may want to use your own shorthand(速记). When you do, be sure that you understand your symbols and that you use them all the time. 75 A. Use words, not complete sentences. B. There are three practical note-taking methods. C. You must write your notes on separate paper. D. Otherwise, you may not be able to read your notes later. E. You will also want to develop your own method for taking notes. F. That means you must first decide what is important enough to include in your notes. G. First, the simple act of writing something down makes it easier for you to understand and remember it. 第二卷 注意:将答案写在答题卡上.写在本试卷上无效. 第四部分:书面表达(共两节, 第四部分:书面表达(共两节,满分 35 分) 第一节 短文改错(共 10 小题;每小题 1 分,满分10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同旧式写的以下 作文.文中共有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处.错误涉及一个单词的增加, 删除或修改. 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧) ,并在其下面写出该加的词. 删除:把多余的词作斜线(\)划掉. 修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词. 注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不计分. Dear Ms Smith, I am secretary of the City Student Union (CSU). We were organizing an art
exhibition for high school students in city. This will be held on the 9th of July in the Exhibition Hall of Beihai. More than 1000 painting will be on show, but high school students and teachers from all the eight districts will come to the event. As you are very popularly with us Chinese high school students, we'd like to invite For you to the exhibition. We would be grateful when you could join them that day. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Yours, Li Ming 第二节 书面表达(满分 25 分) 假定你是李华,从小喜爱大熊猫,一直通过有关网站关注三年前在美国圣迭 哥动物园出生的大熊猫"苏琳"和她的母亲"白云".现在苏琳即将三岁.请根据以 下要点给动物园工作人员写一封信: 1. 自我介绍; 2. 祝贺苏琳生日; 3. 感谢工作人员; 4. 索取苏琳三岁生日照. 注意:1.词数 100 左右. 2.可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯; 3.开头语已为你写好. 考试机构工作人员注意:请将下面横线下的内容放置在答题卡末端. Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from China! ______________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ ______________________ Yours truly, Li Hua
参考答案 第一,二,三部分 1. B 2. A 3. C 11. C 12. C 13.B 21. A 22. B 23. D 31. B 32. D 33. C 41. C 42. A 43. D 51. C 52. D 53. B 61. A 62. B 63. C 71. G 72. E 73. F 4. A 14. B 24. C 34. C 44. B 54. D 64. C 74. A 5. B 15. C 25. A 35. A 45. D 55. B 65. B 75. D 6. A 16. A 26. B 36. D 46. A 56. D 66. A 7. C 17. B 27. D 37. C 47. C 57. A 67. D 8. C 18. B 28. C 38. A 48. A 58. C 68. A 9. A 19. A 29. A 39. B 49. D 59. B 69. C 10. A 20. C 30. B 40. B 50. B 60. D 70. B
第四部分: 第一节: Dear Ms Smith, I am secretary of the City Student Union (CSU). We were organizing an art are exhibition for high school students in ∧ city. This will be held on the 9th of July the It in the Exhibition Hall of Beihai. More than 1000 painting will be on show, but paintings and high school students and teachers from all the eight districts will come to the event. As you are very popularly with us Chinese high school students, we'd like to invite popular for(去掉) you to the exhibition. We would be grateful when you could join them that day. if us Looking forward to hear from you soon. hearing Yours, Li Ming 第二节 One Possible Version Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from China! I'm Li Hua, a student in Sichuan. I've been a panda lover since I was a child. About three years ago I was delighted to learn that Baiyun gave birth to her daughter Sulin and I've been watching her grow on your website,. Now she's going to be three. I'd like to wish her a happy birthday and to express my thanks to you for your hard work, because of which Sulin and her parents are living a happy and healthy life in the US. By the way, could I have a photo of Sulin taken on her third birthday? Thank you very much in advance.
Yours truly, Li Hua 参考答案 第一,二,三部分 1.B 2.A 3.C 4.A 5.B 6.A 7.C 14.B 15.C 16.A 17.B 18.B 19.A 26.B 27.D 28.C 29.A 30.B 31.B 38.A 39.B 40.B 41.C 42.A 43.D 50.B 51.C 52.D 53.B 54.D 55.A 62.B 63.C 64.C 65.B 66.A 67.D 74.A 75.D 8.C 20.C 32.D 44.B 56.D 68.A 9.A 21.A 33.C 45.D 57.A 69.C 10.A 22.B 34.C 46.A 58.C 70.B 11.C 23.D 35.A 47.C 59.B 71.G 12.C 24.C 36.D 48.A 60.D 72.E 13.B 25.A 37.C 49.D 61.A 73.F
第四部分: 第一节: Dear Ms Smith, I am secretary of City Student Union (CSU).We were organizing an art exhibition for high school student in ^ city .This will be held on the 9th of July in the Exhibition Hall of Beihai.More The It than1000 painting will be on show ,but high school students and teachers from all the eight paintings and districts will come to the event .As you are very popularly with us Chinese high school popular students,we'd like to invite for you ti the exhibition .We would be grateful when you could join if them that day .Looking forward to hear from you soon . us hearing Yours, Li Ming 五,One Possible Version Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from China! I'm Li Hua ,a student in Sinchuan.I've been a panda lover since I was a child.About three years ago I was delighted to learn that Baiyun gave birth to her daughret Sulin and I've been watching her grow on your website.Now she's going to be three .I'd like to wish her a happy birthday and to express my thanks to you for your hard work ,because of which Sulin and her parents are living a happy and healthy life in the US. By the way ,could I have a photo of Sulin taken on her third birthday?Thank you
very much in advance. Yours truly, Li Hua